In this post, you will come to know about instructions to connect the range extender to the router if the SSID is hidden. If your router SSID is hidden, you won’t be able to configure the range extender. Enter the SSID manually.
Steps for connecting the extender to the hidden SSID:
- Connect the extender to the power source.
- Connect the client device to the wireless extender SSID. If you don’t find the name of your extender in the SSID list, then you can connect to the SSID manually after reading the instructions.
- The username and password field will appear which will prompt you to enter the details and create an account on mywifiext.net.
- Tap ‘Next’ after creating an account.
- A Genie screen will appear, Click ‘Netgear range extender’.
- If you want to keep the same security and password settings for your range extender, then click ‘Next’ to finalize the setup process.
- If you want to make changes, then make them first and click ‘Next’.
- Tap ‘Save’ and done to finish the setup process.
You will find the extender has now configured successfully with the network and the router is connected to the extender. If you are getting any technical issues during the whole process, then you can get in touch with experts to resolve the issues in a reliable way.